The Mortal's Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mortals to talk about books. Part of the book blog The Mortal's Library.http://www.themortalslibrary.blogspot.com/

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to post a review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

How to post a review. Empty
PostSubject: How to post a review.   How to post a review. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:52 am

I think it will be easier if all the reviews are similar so here is a sample review for everyone to follow.

The title of the topic is the book name and it's author
City of Bones by Cassanndra Clare

OVERALL: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Characters: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Plot: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Writing: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cover: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

I was recommended City of Bones I don't even know how many times before I finally went to the B&N and bought it back in eighth grade. From the second I knew that this was a book that would take me for one wild ride. City of Bones was the first book I reviewed on the old website, unfortunately it was deleted in a website error or something. But seeing as the Genre of the Month is romance, and this book has one of the most interesting romances I have read about. It seemed fitting to repost it and hopefully it will stay!

I think the thing that finally drew me in to buy this book was it's cover, the cover artist did an amazing job on not just this one but all the covers in this series and the newest The Infernal Devices. One thing that stands out for me no matter how many times I read this book, is Clare's writing ability, she has the skill to add to the story anything remotely supernatural or anything that would make the plot twist and she throws it in seamlessly with some of the most dramatic plot twists and edge and makes you believe without a shadow of a doubt, what she's saying. If I thought one way and the plot twisted to make the reader think a whole new way and I didn't question it whatsoever, it was the new way of thinking, and the amazing-ness of Cassandra Clare's writing. Finally my favourite part, the characters. I SO wish the characters in The Mortal Instruments were my friends in real life! They seem like they'd be an interesting bunch to be friends with. I loved the strong will of Clary and her ability to adapt to change so well was a trait that I envied and wished I had! She's an amazing heroine and main character. Secondly, Jace Wayland. I don't even know how do describe him except I'm completely jealous that Cassandra Clare gets to live with him in her head. He has the best lines and (from the cover) the attractive-ness of, well, an angel. But Jace also has sweet moments mixed in with the witty dialogue and shadowhunting power which make him totally swoon-able. I actually found myself connecting with the supporting characters more than I usually do for books, I fell in love with Alec and Isabelle's sibling connection, and Magnus' sarcastic humor, every character had depth and feeling that just made this book, even more amazing. Now, after all those recommendations to friends and peers and after a couple years past, wearing my Fearless rune around my neck I can still say that when this book crosses my mind, I can't help but smile or crack a line from the series. Amazing read! Amazing book

Goodreadshttp://www.goodreads.com/book/show/256683.City_of_Bones

There you go!
and if you want to see the actual review it's on mortals library
http://themortalslibrary.blogspot.com/2010/07/city-of-bones-by-cassandra-clare.html
Back to top Go down
http://themortalslibrary.freeforumshosting.org

How to post a review.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mortal's Library  :: Read and Discuss :: Reviews-
Jump to: